Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/3/2015

Where can I buy the entire stationary panel for a sliding glass door.

The wood is rotted in the bottom of the stationary door panel (not the frame) and I would just like to completely replace the entire
stationary panel with a new one. Where can I purchase one?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

If you know the exact make and model you should only buy the exact match for your door from the manufacture. Nothing else will work other then complete replacement, or take apart your existing door and remanufature your self the damaged area, then put it back together.

Answered 3 years ago by the new window man


One other alternative - google or yellow pages for local wood replacement window company - one that makes custom replacement windows. They might make new sash for your window - but if not putting in new glazing unit (glass unit) unlikely to warranty it. Probably not more than $100-200 difference between a new replacement unit with new glass and rebuilding yours with new sash frame aqround your own glass.

Other alternative if the rot is more cosmetic than structural, or only surficial - you or a Carpenter - Woodworking - grind and sand to remove the truly bad material, treat remaining damaged wood with a wood restorer like Minwax and other make, then plastic wood, prime and paint - probably repainting the entire unit to match. Hard to make match with stain (have to overlay in matching wood type veneer), but not too hard with a painted window.

You should also do something about the cause - condensation on the inside of the window in the winter, splash onto the outside due to lack of roof overhang or porch roof over the doorway, etc.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy