Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/9/2013

Where do I find company that work with Historical homes?

My home was built in 1898. My living room ceiling has cherubs in the center and rosettes around the borders. I don't want to loose them because they can't be replaced. I need someone who can repair the ceiling and maintain as much of the integrity of the cherubs as possible. The ceiling is about to fall in.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Most contractors specializing in historical homes and buildings focus on their immediate regional area. Second Century Homes, for example, works in the Baltimore-Washington DC area and specializes in preservation projects similar to yours. You might also contact the Preservation Trades Network ( for a referral.

What is your city or zip code? That information will allow specialists in your area to respond to your question. Best wishes for keeping the cherubs happy!

Answered 6 years ago by Second Century Homes


In addition to PTN, you could ask around for recommendations at your local Historical Society, State ( or city if they have one) Historic Preservation Officer, and at any publicly accessible historic houses in your area. National Park Service may also be able to give you names of any contractors that work for them if they have any historic houses in your area.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy