Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/11/2017

Where do I find a stone veneer product to use for manufactured home skirting?

Would like to replace the old cedar wood skirting currently installed on my manufactured home with new skirting, and don't want to replace it with wood. I would like the end result to simulate a stone faced finish. Am wondering if such a product exists, ideally in 3' wide foam insulated panels or something that can be cut to size.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

You are in luck - google fiberglass stone veneer, or fiberglass brick veneer or go look at it at building supply yard or Lowes/Home Depot - the stuff you commonly see on the lower part or exposed foundation wall parts of tract housing. Available both plain and insulated, and while it will need backing because it is pretty flexible, just a grid backing of treated wood is all it usually takes. Oh - you said you hve new skirting - so if plywood that will probablyo be a fine backing for it. Also available in some areas mounted on plywood if your skirting is not in yet. Cuts easily with skil saw with finish combo or plywood blade.

Commonly available in 2x4 and 4x8 sheets, a few in sheets up to 12' long. Be sure when installing the water coming off the home will drain down its face, not onto the top or you will get swelling and bulging from the plywood deteriorating - proper drip edge flashing is commonly the best solution at that interface. And of course any wood in contact with or close to ground, if you do not have a concrete strip footing under the skirting, should be pressure treated plywood.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD


BTW - there are foam and molded latex rubber products like this too - softer and more easily damaged plus many brands are susceptible to mold/algae growth on them and peeling off of the color coat, so for long life I would recommend the fiberglass or acrylic plastic variety.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy