Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/9/2016

Where can i move to or what can i do to get help with my severe chronic pain that is daily 24-7 & second by secon.

I need help badly but my pain is from spinal damage , slipped discs , herniated discs , torn rotator cuff with at least 3 damaged nerves & now with this 80/20 thing , i am not getting the pain relief i need . Where can i move to or go to find help ? Another country , where ? I have no choices left after my pump went bad so it was removed & now i am lost on what to do . At this point i truly hate living with so much pain daily second by second on severity of the pain . Which is always bad . I am disabled & have no options on anything at all like groups , medacine or anything . Please help me if you would be so kind i beg you . I am from Tampa Florida & i beg for your help . I hate living with such massive pain daily . I would do anything in the world tohave it stop . Anything ! Please give me any & all the help that you can i beg this of you , PLEASE . I just can not go much further this way any longer . Thank you so very much for your help & compassion with this matter . Sincerly Chris

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Your medical provider for the conditions would be your primary person to prescribe pain management means to you - presumably a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon in your case. Or he/she should be able to refer you to a Pain Management clinic (your Search the List category) for long-term pain management care plan if he cannot prescribe what you need.

Since you mentioned 80/20 it sounds like you are already under some form of insurance, but if not - or other alternatives:

If disabled, especially if low-income, you may be eligible for free or near-free care under Medicare (even if not 65 yet) or if very low income/assets, under Medicaid or your state equivalent - your doctor may be able to advise you somewhat on that, otherwise contact about possible Medicare coverage eligibility, or if below poverty level and very few assets Social Security Administration or your state Medicaid office about eligibility for that.

Or if a Veteran eligible for VA care, contact them - if eligible, generally have to have an honorable discharge or have a service-connected condition) they will treat all conditions except dental, not just service-connected ones (though that gives you treatment priority).

You could also contact your local (city or county) health department or UnitedWay about local resources for care for someone in your condition.

And if disabled, of course don't forget VA (if due to a service connected injury or condition) or if not then maybe Social Security Disability (if you have enough work credits to qualify for disability coverage and are not yet 65) about possible disability compensation payments to you in addition to possible Medicare/Medicaid coverage.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy