Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/25/2013

Which contractor is best to install 36" island range hood? Electrician or Carpenter?

Ceiling is 7 -8 ft. Duct work for outside vent require.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


A combination of both and/or an HVAC contractor. Most electricians won't run duct work and have little to no knowledge regarding the codes associated with such work. If you already had a hood you were replacing it wouldn't be such a big deal. have the electrician run the electric wiring for the new hood and then have a general contractor, appliance installer or HVAC tech install the hood. Have the electrician return to do the final electric hookup. A general contractor should be able to coordinate the entire project for you, easing some stress on your part but costing slightly more.

Todd Shell

Todd's Home Services

San Antonio, TX

Answered 6 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy