Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/19/2017

Who do I call about my neighbor's leaving the bed against my fence with bed bugs

Who can I call they leave couches beds and all kinds of trash room bed bugs against my back gate so disgusting they will not clean it up what would be my best option to go about this I stay in Bakersfield California so who would I be able to contact

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


This falls in the area of public nuisance (visual nuisance) which is usually a Zoning complaince department issue - and if the items are rotting, moldy, include food waste, attracting rats, etc (and including the bedbugs) might also fall under public health department enforcement area. Call one of those two and they can explain which department handles which types of complaints - a lot more governments are merging the enforcement side of multiple agencies to reduce cost, so thre might be a single point of contact in your area.

Generally public health complaints and ones about leaking/dumped chemicals get more and faster response than just trashy appearance ones, but even then can take years to get it cleaned up.

The other option is private enforcement of the laws in court, at your cost in most cases even if you win.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy