Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/16/2018

Who do I call to remove trash from a vacant house?

The neighbors across the street from my moved out of the house about a week and a half ago. Leaving there garbage on the curb with a garbage can that belongs to a company. The company took there garbage can and left the rest of the trash lying on the curb. Now the wind is blowing anything loose all over the place and I see pets, along with kids going through the garbage.

Who do I call to get this removed?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


If you don't pick it up and put in your trash can (or maybe get a neighbor or two to donate some can space) not likely to be picked up soon. Be sure to use protective gloves, not knowing what contaminants might be on/in it if you do this.

I suspect the can was full and this was move-out excess - which most trash companies will not pick up, or only if properly bagged, or if large items like furniture prior arrangements to pick it up are made. With the new automated trucks which lift special cans up to dump in the truck, as opposed to tailgating it, these rules are commonly even more tightly enforced.

You could call the city code enforcement office and report it, but pickup is unlikely. You could also call the streets department and report roadside dumping - again, might get picked up by them but I would not count on it.

f you know who the realtor was, like is SOLD sign is on the For sale sign, you could call them and he/she might arrange to get it done or contact the Sellers to get it done.

if foreclosed on, contact the foreclosing bank or finance company.

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy