Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/4/2019

Who should I contact about a growing vertical crack below a structural beam in my house?

The house was built in '65 with a crawlspace. At some point in later decades, the front of the house was expanded, and now there's a beam running the width of the living room where the original construction ends. We have had several years of alternating extreme drought and flooding. After a house fire, the HVAC system was moved into the attic, so there's a load that wasn't there before. We have also put some heavy antique furniture along one of the walls that's showing cracks, but the cracks are expanding at the opposite wall and also inside the bathroom along the same line.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy