Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/19/2014

Who can I hire to remove dents in my stainless steel refrigerator?

The front of my refrigerator has many indentions. I would like to hire someone to remove them. Who do you recommend?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

4 Answers


If these are large, smooth edged shallow depressions with no crease, then they may be able to be pulled out by an Appliance Repairman. If small, deep, or any visible stretching or crimping or creasing of the metal, then they cannot be removed with a suction cup and have to be hammered out, which will leave a visible flaw.

Unless this is a high-end professional restaurant type reefer, your best bet, assuming the surface panel is removeable, is to just buy a replacement panel - not tough to installyourself in most brands, as most have various colored panels (and even reversible panels) in many models.

If you don't want to do it yourself, appliance repairman again, or maybe a Handyman. I would google first to check if replacement panels are available for your model, and approximate cost - installation probably about $100-150 labor.

Of course, if the cause of the dents is still in your house (kids, etc) you might want to think twice about spending money on something that is likely to happen again, and maybe just wait till you need a new reefer and get one with heavier duty door panels.

Or, decorative knick-knacks, magnetic photo holders, artsy reefer magnets, etc - $25 or so of those would go a long ways.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD


LCD nailed usual.

Might also check with one of the painless dent removal automotive companies as another option.

Answered 6 years ago by WoWHomeSolutions


If there are no creases and just a dent you might be able to do it yourself. If you have a hair dryer and a can of keyboard duster you can try heating it with the hair dryer and then take the can of duster and hold it upside down and hit the center of the dent with it and it should pop it out. This is what the pop a dent guys do on some of the dents they pull out.


Answered 6 years ago by ContractorDon


When he says keyboard duster Don means the canned "air" designed for cleaning electronics - is actually compressed gas, not air in most cases. You want the chemical type - gets a LOT colder than just canned air. BEWARE - most of these are flammable, so be surenot to use near the hair dryer. Of course, safer to use the non-flammable type, but more expensive.

As he says - may work - typically for the larger, pushed-in shallow depression type, not the sharp "dent" or "crease" type, which generally have to be hammered out and generally leaves a visible mark.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy