Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/7/2012

Who do I hire to replace my vent hood? I want to replace my ductless unit with a ducted one which means cutting through the brick outside.

My house is a two story so venting through the roof isn't feasible so the unit will need to be vented out the back. My stove is on an outside wall but to install the vent will require cutting the brick exterior. I've been wanting to do this for years but didn't know who to call. Please help.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Your best bet is to hire a general contractor to cut the brick and get everything ready. Have your GC hire a mechanical contractor to do the proper duct work, then your GC can button everything up. With this scenario you will be worry free with a warranty from your GC and mechanical contractor. Plus everything will be to code.


Answered 8 years ago by KP


I would contact your local HVAC expert company. The good companies like myself do this of thing on a regular basis. They may have some different solutions for you.

Answered 8 years ago by GlennJr

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy