Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/17/2015

Who do we call for water leaking into kitchen?

The brick on the side of our house is cracked. There is water leaking into the kitchen cabinets on the first floor.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Masonry is your Search the List category for brick repair. If minor cracking (only a brick or two, and no indication of structural issues, and crack is small) you could just DIY or use a Handyman to caulk it with silicone caulk (on brick) or concrete caulk (on the mortar).

If crack is long, zig-zagging up the mortar joints or extending more than a foot or two through bricks, or getting progressively longer with time, then likely a settlement or structural issue which you should have a Structural Engineer look at before it gets out of hand.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy