Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/16/2013

Who can provide a wedding ceremony at our home in TN

We are getting married in June and we would like someone to come to our home to perform the wedding service. I am not sure who to call?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Check your state laws on who can perform a wedding. In most states, licensed preachers, justices of the peace, and court judges can do it. In some states any ordained preacher (licensed or not) and magistrates can do it.

If you are using a wedding planner, they should be able to help you with this.

If you want a specific denomination priest, contact the local church or diocese or such - the secretary should know of priests/pastors/vicars etc that do home weddings.

If you want a non-demoninational wedding, call the local justice of the peace and ask if they do it, and will do a home wedding. If they don't they probably know of a judge who does.

Remember, whoever does it you need wedding license, probably blood tests, etc done and in hand BEFORE the wedding can be done.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy