Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/11/2016

Who's the best to use to remodel a kitchen located in cheatham county

I want to get new counter tops, new flooring, and refurbish the cabinets

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Below is a link to another prior response to a similar question which might be of interest too - many more questions and answers about kitchen remodel issues can be found in the Home > Remodeling - Kitchen and Bath link in Browse Projects, at lower left.

To do a remodel with wall changes or significant utility location changes, you will normally need a plan from an architect to be able to get a building permit, and also as a bidding and construction scope for contractors to work from. For just architectural component replacement like countertop, cabinets, flooring, such some areas (especially those who use building permit fees as a significant revenue source) will still require a building permit and plans for jobs over a certain $ amount, others do not require a permit for purely architectural element/finish replacement like you are talking about.

You might get caught on the permit thing anyway because may require a permit for the plumbing to remove sink/garbage disposal and put a new one in and to possibly remove and replace a reefer water line, and also because an outleat replacement or two is likely to be needed to remove the garbage disposal and dishwasher power connections and move them to the new cabinets once they are in.

Anyway, Remodeling - Kitchen and Bath is the Search the List category for a contractor to do this work.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD



This is James W. in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated tree kitchen remodeling services, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 3 years ago by Member Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy