Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/6/2012

Will anybody in the Chicago area come and tune up a build-in wall air conditioner? It seems like most people only want to work on central a

I live in Des Plaines, IL in a condo. I have an older room unit build into the wall. Nothing has been done to it except cleaning the inside screen-type filter. I would love to have it work better, but the places I've called only want to work on central air units. Type here...

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


stay away from the big guys wall units require a little more labor time to do the job right, since they are sealed unit the refrig. lines need to be tapped to check the feon the unit needs to be pulled to get to the condenser but it is not something that is out of this world to do keep calling around and use your gut feeling and what I just outline to get the right guy to do it.

Raymond gonzalez
koolray heating and air
clarksville tn


Answered 8 years ago by Raymond Gonzalez


If HVAC Contractors won't do it, try Appliance Repair guys, tell usually sell them and work on them.


Answered 8 years ago by BayAreaAC

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy