Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/9/2013

Windows no longer slide to open, glass is fine but the silver metal rods need replaceing, who does that work?

Several of my window (they slide up and down not sideways) no longer slide open, the metal rods have fallen out. The glass is fine so who does this metal rod replacement type of work? If it is helpful the number on the metal glider pieces is 26 4 GP CALDWELL on the first set of windows (3). And 2120 on the 2nd set of windows (3).

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

A carpenter could do the repairs if the parts are available. You could help out the speed of the job and the uncertainty of getting one to do the job if you could procure the parts yourself. There is a catalog you can look at online if you Google "Strybuc Industries", they have helped me on similar situations and you may be able to match your parts. It should be an easy fix if you have the parts. It involves removing the stops on the interior and removing the wood parting strip between the windows (if they are double hung) or possibly having to remove the aluminum channels they ride in.

Answered 7 years ago by ContractorDon


Another alternative is a window supply and installation company - probably not your Speedy Glass place (though they might (?) be able to, but a full-blown window and door specialty company.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy