Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 mygfcxx1 95
6 ahowell 95
7 KnowledgeBase 95
8 skbloom 80
9 Guest_98024861 70
10 Guest_9311297 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/22/2014

Would like to replace the spindles, railing and balusters with craftsman style. Any idea who would do this

2 story foyer. Existing staircase is open on one side and across top 2nd story hallway. spindles and balusters are traiditional. Would like craftsman simple straight lined spindles and craftsman balusters. I have no idea if a carpenter can do this or do I need a company that specializes in stairway systems.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


A Carpenter - Woodworking (finish carpenter) can do this, but personally if there are specialty stair and banister companies in your area I would go with them, though Angies List does not have a specialty category for them.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy