Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/29/2018

Yard work in BG KY area this week 4/30/18- 5/3/18

I need a few laborers to clean up my yard, weed, pull up dead bushes, trim healthy ones, rake beds and possibly mulch

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Lawn Service or Landscaping would be the Search the List category for this - probably Lawn Service for just cleanup type work, if the shrubs need professional trimming or shaping then probably a Landscaping firm with arborist on staff.

I would NOT just hire a few day laborers - a LOT of liability there and technically you have to provide Worker's Compensation and such - homeowner's insurance does not (without paying for supplemental coverages) cover you for employee health or injury issues or liability if they sue you. And there are some "day laboreres" out there now (individual and gang/organized crime related) who make a living hiring out to people for this sort of work and then faking injuries on the job, then threaten to sue and extort substntial $ to not sue or report the homeowner for not providing required worker's comp coverage and state disability tax payments and such. You should really hire a licensed and bonded and insured contractor (bonding maybe not so important for simple yard care) to protect yourself.

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy