Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/23/2014

a job that involves more than one category; plumbing, sheetrock, wood flooring, mold remediation

a toilet (2nd floor) that leaked creating wet wood flooring and sheetrock on ceiling of first floor and maybe mold
The plumbing issue is the least of the problem except it caused this

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

3 Answers

Voted Best Answer

Your question is NOT exactly clear as to what you want advice on , so there is considerble

mystery as to what answer you seek or desire . If you are asking who you should contact

or who is the most qualified , my advice to you would be to contact your insurance company to determine if you have basis for an insurance claim .

IF you are asking , Who you should call for repairs , contact a General Contractor , inquiring

if the contractor is capable of repairing your damages . Some GC's no longer do insurance claims , due to fact that insurance claims are filled with limitations reference repair costs and limitations on what is covered and what is not !

Answered 6 years ago by BentheBuilder



Is this an insurace job?

A decent GC should be able to coordinate all the required resources in this application. I am not sure a dedicated mold remediation specialist is required in this application unless the leak was persistent and long term.

Answered 6 years ago by WoWHomeSolutions


Sounds like a GOOD HANDYMAN could probable do this job for you. The mold is probably localized and the damaged areas as they are being removed should take care of that. If any areas are of quetion after demo they can be spot treated. If you can not find a well versified handi man a general contractor could coorinate the different trades needed. I have done flood jobs where the mold was minimal after a week or more of water exposure.


Answered 6 years ago by ContractorDon


Another type of contractor who can handle this, and your insurance company can help you locate if this is large enough insurance will cover some of it, is a Flood and Fire (or is it Fire and Flood) Restoration contractor - also called Disaster or Catastrophe Recovery Specialist or contractor in some parts of the country.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy