Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/13/2017

best roofers near 33186

need roof check and have some dry rot

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers



This is Erick in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated Roofers, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 3 years ago by Member Services


I would suggest being sure to get a roofer who is also experienced in truss/rafter (roof framing) repairs and replacements - because if you see rot in the underside of the sheathing (where you presumably saw it), you may well have rafter/truss damage as well that needs repair, so you want a roofer with that capability.

Or if you saw rot in the fascia board across the end of the rafters, ditto to above, or if pretty minor a normal roofer can replace the fascia board without trouble - but ask to be sure tht is something they routinely do and are experienced in.

Or perhaps a General Contractor if you think that likely, who will then get a roofer (who you might make subject to your preapproval) to do the roofing after the framing and sheathing are fixed.

Note that if the roof framing (other than the sheathing) needs repair/replacement, in most areas you will need a Structural Engineer or Civil Engineer inspection to be able to get (or for the contractor to get) a building permit for the work. Most GC's know one they routinely use for this - most roofers do not, so if you are seeing more than spotty fascia rot without indication of decay in the rafter tails, that would push my reocmmnedation toward getting a General Contractor with significant roof framing repair/replacement experience.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy