Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/29/2019

can I upgrade my distribution panel from 150 amps to 200a amps?

We have upgraded the service from the pole to the house to 400 amps from 200. I would like to install instant hot water and wonder if I can simply change out the 150 amps to 200 in the house? I have removed the electric stove, 240 volt electric baseboard heaters, etc.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


The power company determines the maximum size service panel (aka meter panel) you can install on your house

Answered 9 months ago by kestrelelectric

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy