Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/7/2015

crack in walkway 2 feet from house open underneath should I get a structural engineer?

My townhouse has always had poor drainage and for years Ive been asking for the Association to change the grade of my driveway to take the water away from my property.Now a small crack in my walkway 2 feet from the corner of my home has a 1/2 wide crack and 2 feet long.It was such a shock to see!

This crack is empty below,I do not see the bottom.After all this time of asking for help and being put off I sent a registered letter to the Board saying NOW this is a huge liability!

They are now saying they will address the crack and work on the drainage problem.

My question to you all, is do I have a slab problem? Or a sinkhole? Certainly I have to get the drainage away from house but I don't know if I should trust the Board to do the right thing.It might be saturated underneath. Help..Sleepless Kat

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy