Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/6/2014

how do I find a printer who prints on metal

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


For single items -

1) jewelers and trophy shops can engrave text and designs on metal, like for placards, name plates, trophy plates, knick knacks, etc

2) general print shops can commonly do decals or transfer decals to metal, as can some print/shipping stores like TimeFrame and some UPS, FedEx stores and some office supply store printing departments in OfficeMax, Office Depot and the like - who can also do inkjet or 3D printing on metal plate.

3) for larger items, specialty metal engraving shops, auto body paint shops (for decals and paint-on), and companies who specialize in transfer or shrink-on ads like you see on buses and such

4) advertising sign companies, like for store signs and billboards and entrance signs and such, and on commercial vehicles

For volumes of items like for advertising gimmicks or for franchise signs, or for display placards for point-of-sale advertising, etc - : #2 through #4 above, plus

5) variety gift and T-shirt companies that make souvenirs, campaign buttons, and the like

6) trophy shops, for small items

and of course, if what you are after is commercial and large size or quantity, most large cities have custom metal sign companies that can print or engrave or casst anything you want and can afford

If that is not the kind of thing you meant, use the Answer This Question to give more detail on what you are looking for and I can give a more definitive answer.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD


You know, I was thinking small items when I responded. If you mean a large metal item, like a business sign or street sign, then a commercial sign shop, which category I don't think AL lists.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy