Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

 
 
or
Submit
Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/31/2013

how do I get rid of mold on my upstairs walls and ceilings.

I have mold or mildew on upstairs walls and ceilings. It also looks like everything that is wood has mold on it. I do not have this problem downstairs. I have the thermostat running the AC upstairs.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question


2 Answers

-1
Votes

What is your humidity reading. If it is high this is contributing to the problem. Mix white vinegar and water to wash down walls and ceiling. Yeah you quill smell pickled but the odor disappears. If this does not work try bleach and water. Bleach kills mold fast. Find your source. Provide ventilation.

Answered 5 years ago by BluButterfly

0
Votes

Sounds like your upstairs A/C feed is sending water through, or your entire house humidity is too high but the naturally warmer upstairs is warm enough you have reached that point where mold growth has ballooned. You need to be lookingfor a significant water source to have this sort of a problem.

You need a certified HVAC contractor to evaluate your system for where the moisture is coming from and why the A/C is not keeping it under control.

Then you also need cleaning to remove the mold - 50% water - laundry bleach mix works good, but will bleach wood surfaces. If you don't want to do it yourself, for a mold removal contractor Search the List (in green banner bar).

Answered 5 years ago by LCD




Related Questions


Terms Of Use
|
Privacy Policy