Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/9/2015

how much does it cost to replace rotted wood inside the home around a large window

Window broke years ago, wood sill, inside the home is rotted all the way around the window. The large sliding window 95ft by 47ft needs to be replaced also.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Wow - if you can afford a house with a 95 by 47 foot window - just tell your estate manager to get it replaced wile you fly off in your private jet to Monaco or some such place.

Now - assuming you meant inches rather than feet, if it is rotted out inside the house unless this is an antique/historic preservation situation, especially since you say the sliding window needs replacing too, just get it replaced rather than repaired - that is generally cheaper for any significant rot in the outer frame beyond the brickmold/outside trim or sill piece, plus you will likely have better energy efficiency in the end result.

Windows is your Search the List category to find a contractor for this work.

If you mean the actual inside wall surface or the studs are rotted out, then probably better off going with a Remodeling - General Contractor because you are going likely to have some structural member replacement, drywalling or other interior finish repair, painting, etc as well to be done.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy