Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/29/2017

i have black mushroom mold stains on a parkett floor, what can i use to remove the stain?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Assuming you mean wood parquet flooring (or laminate - either one) if it has not been growing there long, a hardwood floor-safe cleaner like Formula 409 Antibacterial General Purpose (not the glass cleaner type) should remove it with a bit of elbow grease on a non-abrasive rag - use circular cleaning motion to avoid visible linear streaking, and blend the rubbing into the surrounding area - not just one spot.

If it has penetrated the surface finish, which it likely did if this is mold that was growing for some time from continuing wetness (as opposed to say from a dropped wet piece of clothing or towel that dried in a day or two) then you probably need at least the surface gloss coat sremoved, and maybe more - the "roots" may have penetrated into the wood.

In that case, Flooring - Sales/Installation/Repair would be your Search the List category to find a wood flooring company who does refinishing to rub it out as deep as necessary - which might be through gloss coat, through the polyurethane or clear vinyl layer, or even a bit into the wood.

Take my word for it - if normal floor cleaning methods won't take it off, then get an expert - cheaper to pay $100 or so for them to fix it than to try aggressive methods yourself and find out you need part of the floor replaced for hundreds of $ (and maybe no exact match at all) because you gouged or bleached it locally beyond repair.

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy