Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/28/2014

i need information for foundation repair in Lawrence, KS

Mudjacking and possible piering needed

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


You don't say what your issue is so we can't give you any advice on that yet. Basically, speaking, what type of contractor you need depends on your specific conditions - what might look like a mudjacking specialty contractor might end up needing a framing carpenter or a general contractor by the time you get into the job.

In addition, in general - especially for the smaller firms homeowners deal with - contractors do not have engineers, designers nor structural forensic specialists on staff. If you have a structural or water problem that could not reasonably be fixed by you if you had the time and health and a bit of home improvement experience, then generally you should be looking for expert analysis and design by someone trained in that specialty - a plumber or roofer or HVAC specialist or electrician or a energy audit specialist for repair of problems with those systems; or an architect, structural engineer, geotechnical engineer, or geotechnical engineer/geologist/ hydrogeologist for significant remodels or structural or foundation or water infiltration issues respectively, before you run off to have a contractor do a fix that might or might not solve the problem, and in fact can aggravate it or cause other problems along the way.

If you want to use the Answer This Question button to explain your issue (and maybe givve a couple of photos) the contributors here might be able to steer you in the direction most likely to achieve the desired results. Otherwise, if you think you know what you want, then a Foundation Rehabilitation specialist would probably be your first choice, followed by a General Contrator.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy