Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/13/2012

i need someone to repair bar on rolling walker. it has come loose from the frame. do you have this service?

it is a walker i use to walk with and the handle bar has come loose from the frame. I guess it has to be welded or glued (heavy glue) back. I don't know who does this type of repair. HELP!!!

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

7 Answers


Hi - we offer medical alert emergency response systems only, and do not sell or service walkers or other equipment other than our own.

I am a little worried about you trying to repair your walker. You want it to be sturdy enough to hold you up in the event you put any weight on it.

If you don't have the name of the original company that provided the walker, I suggest checking Angie's List for providers of medical equipment. Your local hospital Amy also have sources for you.

Check out our guide on preventing falls in the home with the link at the bottom.

Thanks and good luck!


Answered 7 years ago by Bryan


Hi, Jo.

We definitely recommend seeing a handicap equipment retailer to get that walker looked at.

If you're a member of Angie's List, you can search for retailers or even rehabilitation facilities in your area. Not a member? If youdecide to join Angie's List, you can use the promo code ANSWERS to get 20% offan annual membership.

Answered 7 years ago by HughV


Yes, I would go to a medical equipment supply store and see if they have a repair department. For liability reasons, they may not.

If you're in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, I know we have equipment rental programs and there is assistance for medical equipment through Medicad or Medicare programs.

Anything else, give me a call #952-292-5801. Kristin Kopp, Executive Director, At Home Solutions by Saint Therese


Answered 7 years ago by kk


Hello! It would begreat if:

1. Youcan give more details on what is wrong with the wheel

2. Yourlocation

If the broken part is beyond normal repairs, it might becheaper to just buy a replacement for that particular part. It would also be helpful if you can give yourlocation so it would be easier to give you detailed information of servicecenters or spare parts shops.


Answered 7 years ago by RonaldT


Hi, Jo ~

You haven't mentioned where you live. PLEASE tell us so someone can be more specific about possible assistance in your area. It would also help if you mention how old you are. There are many nonprofit organizations for just about every age group, particularly if you are over 65 or disabled. Who paid for the walker you have? Medicare or Medicaid may help you with paying for a new one.

I live in Austin, TX. There is a group here that supplies free, "gently used" medical equipment that has been donated by those who no longer need the apparatus. Perhaps there is a similar organization near you.

Try googling "free medical equipment" + the name of your city/county/area. I just tried this and had to do some digging to find FREE stuff. Again, we can all help if you will give us more specific information.

If you're near me, I ended up with two walkers and will be happy to give you one of them. I have one downstairs and one upstairs, and I just use them for doing exercises, so one will suffice. You really should not be using a walker with a loose bar. You could hurt yourself. Hopefully, you at least have a cane you can use while you're waiting. Be careful!

Let us know how it all turns out, too!

Answered 7 years ago by Oleron


Maybe cheaper than a repair.

A close friend does home health and she stops by the local Goodwill and Thrift stores for walkers, bedside commodes and other personal health equipment that her patients cannot afford new. My mother spent her last few days at the local hospice and they have a thrift store that had several walkers available. A few looked like they were never used.

If you insist on a repair - contact the social worker at a large rehab hospital/assisted care facility or a home health agency. They usually have contacts for people that do these repairs.

Answered 7 years ago by mittlerot


I have a roller walker made by Medline I want to know where can they fix it for me I need brake adjusted and there are missing screws from the bottom of the seat it was given to cause I cant afford one. Iam in Riverside ca very close to Moreno Valley ca.

Answered 3 years ago by BobGonzales

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy