Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/22/2012

im im the final stage of chrrosis and no ins. do you or anyone know of anything i can to prolong my death. or a dr door hos. that would h

ive been all over the net searching had not tried this you would think that we as americans could get medical help ineed a transplant and have looked fr liver foundatins and all

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I am so sorry you are fighting this fight alone. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend a medical school hospital, especially one known to have a good transplant program (such as, but not limited to, University of Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Hospital, University of Arizona Hospital). University hospitals are forerunners of innovative care, and have access to funds private hospitals and clinics do not.
I hope that this helps. This is why the Affordable Care Act is so critical to middle America; what kind of a system do we have where rich hollywood stars and politicians and corporate leaders can get a transplant, but a regular American cannot?

Answered 8 years ago by mbandercoot


First you need to contact the organ donation system in your area. Whoever diagnosed you with end stage cirrhosis should be able to get a referral or give you the info on who to contact unless your particular medical circumstances make you ineligible. First, though, you need to get in touch with UNOS for your state/area.

Source: http:// RN

Answered 8 years ago by wendybTn

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy