Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/14/2013

install clothes dryer vent to outside of house

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Are you looking for how to do it, or for a contractor ?

For a Contractor, Search Now at left in the Home category. Appliance installers may be able to do a simple install, otherwise plumbers and HVAC contractors can do this. Some carpenters will too, if it involves opening up a ceiling or floor to install ducting. A handyman can also do it, but do you really know it is being done right and will not cause a lint backup and a fire down the road ?

For how to do it yourself, you first have to find out what the building codes require in your area - some require flex hose, some rigid galvanized duct, etc - and there are limitations on how long a run you can make, how many bends, where it can exhaust, etc. Some municipalities also require a building permit and installation inspection. Once you have all that in hand, there are videos on Youtube and home improvement shows like This Old House and Hometime showing how to do it. Not tough if you are just running exposed ducting inside the house from the dryer to an outside wall, then penetrating the wall to the outside vent damper. If you have to run it through ceiling or flooring or between floors, unless you are pretty home handy I would say you should use a contractor.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy