Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/3/2015

kitchen floor to be dug up. how do I get flooring provider? May also need carpentry.

plumbers will dig through slab to replace sewer pipe, then replace concrete. Need to recover floor. Work may also damage counters and cabinets.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Sounds like you already have a plumber on board, so that defeats the normal mode (for planned as opposed to emergency work) of using a general contractor to coordinate the work and also do the sewer pipe excavation, backfill and floor slab reconcreting - cheaper than having a plumber do concreting in almost all cases.

You should at least try to get a countertop and cabinet contractor or shop to remove the cabinets that the plumber says will be needing to be moved for access BEFORE they are damaged, then put them back in afterwords. Ditto for flooring contractor - remove flooring if reusable (like hardwood plank), or just to tear up damaged old flooring and put in new afterwards.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy