Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/7/2011

looking for a plumber to repair bathroom tub leak in the 14624 area

Bathroom is on main floor. Notice the water leak on the basement floor and looked up. Can see the water leak and floor rotting. Hoping to repair leak with minimal costs

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Since you're an Angie's List member, feel free to sign in and search. Answers won't replace for finding highly-rated local plumbers, roofers, doctors and landscapers! :)

Answered 9 years ago by Cas


Sounds like you need a plumber - Search the List for local ones and their reviews.

Alternatively, open up about a 1 foot opening in the downstairs ceiling where it is leaking (which you need to do anyway to dry out the area) and see if you can determine if it is due to a bad pipe, cracked shower/tub, leaking down from a tile or surround leak around the shower/tub, or what. That will tell you if you need a plumber or if you need someone like a tile contractor to fix/replace your tub or shower pan or wall. It will also show how much wood damage there is, because if you have rotted wood you will need to add a carpenter to your list, or else have a Smoke and Water damage remediation contractor handle it all.

Opening it up will also give you an idea if the damage is just a leak that you can fix within the amount of your insurance deductible, or if there is enough water damage to consider getting your insurance company into the act. Of course, if the leak has been going long enough to cause actual rot of the wood, they will usually not cover it anyway - almost all policies cover only "new" leaks.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy