Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/28/2014

medically retired disabled vet needs dental work on payments

I have broken and lost teeth it's affecting my health I cannot chew food I need dental work for the poor 37066 zip code

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


If you have not already talked to the VA, depending on the type and percent disability ratign, you may be able to get care from the VA - here is their info sheet on eligibility for dental coverage - (PDF document).

Other possible sources for help, in no particular order other thann that you should contact VA and then Medicare/Medicaid/Medicare if currently under any of those programs:

1) If the broken/missing teeth are truly affecting ability to eat, if you are covered by Medicare or Medicaid/Medical they will generally cover that type of situation.

2) State Office of Veteran's Affairs

3) Local VFW or American Legion Post will usually know of programs for dental help

4) VA Outpatient counselor will have list of resources

5) Local universities with dental schools usually have free dental care programs for the financially needy

6) Local dental associations commonly have a dental care "Field Day" with free care for the needy - contact your local American Dental Association chapter or the United Way office.

7) Most areas have an annual Veteran's Field Day where all sorts of care and support resources come together to offer service and aid - including frequently scheduling of free or steeply discounted dental services - VA and VFW, American Legion will have info on when and where

8) If all else fails (and I can't believe the above listing won't solve your problem before you get here), contact your local city/county health department for possible resources. Also local indigent and homeless programs and shelters would have knowledge of programs to help you.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy