Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/3/2014

my 10 year old whirlpool refrigerator top freezer ice maker just stopped working and now the freezer is defrosting

should i call a repairman or replace

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

One thing you might consider is a Home Warranty on your house for 1 year. Typical cost are around $400-$500 for a year coverage. When you have electrical, plumbing or appliance issues happen, there is a $60 deductible, and the item is fixed or replaced.

Probably won't help you on this particular instance, however in the future, you call an 800# and get it fixed.

Brad Korn

The Korn Team

Keller Williams Realty

Answered 5 years ago by Guest_9961982



This is Leah B. in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated appliance repair providers, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call at 1.866.783.2980. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays. If you join online, you can save 20% on an annual plan by using the promo code ANSWERS.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 5 years ago by Member Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy