Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/20/2016

my carpet got wet and the padding and carpet need to be removed. I need someone to do this

I would like to replace the carpet with some kind of tile

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Water and Smoke (Smoke and Water ?) Damage is your Search the List contractor for this - they can also dry out the underlying subfloor and walls and such. Needs to get under way within not more than about 1.5-2 days to get it out before mildew and mold sets in.

Then after the damage is fixed (and coordinate this entire operation with insurance company if total damage may exceed your deductible, as is likely), you can select a Flooring or Ceramic Tile contractor as applicable to put in the new flooring.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy