Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/21/2016

my neighbor is using a low frequency method to send sounds and talking into our house to harass us . amplification

I need to amplify his voice so I can record it and go to the police.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Are you sure this is not just normal bass carry-through of music and voicetrack, which is commonly audible or "felt" but not clearly understandable. Have you tried asking them to turn it down a bit ?

If you are convinced this is harrassment, a recording alone might help in a civil trial, but not likely to be a good first point in getting it stopped - first because you cannot prove where it came from or how loud it was. If you are convinced this is harrassment, or just disturbing the peace, if ti goes on for extended periods of time next time it starts up call the police to have them invesigate it as a distrubing the peace or harrassment complaint.

If you still want to record it, if you are not able to pick it up one regular tape recorder or cell phone, then I guess you need a recording company - one that records outdoor concerts and arena events and such, would be your best bet - I don't think Angies List has any such category though. Commonly called a "location recording service" - a company that goes on location to record events (commonly both audio and video these days). Video Production is the Search the List category for that, so that might be a good starting point to call around for someone who does this. Of course, arranging or them to be there when it is occurring will be tough - might have to arrange for someone to leave equipment on site for you to turn on to record when the sound is occurring - meaning they would have to have spare equipment they are willing to leave for maybe several days or a week or more ?

Another alternative - rent a shotgun microphone (picks up sound basically from only where it is pointed) to screen out background noise, and record at high level (if your recorder has variable input levels).

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy