Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/21/2016

need floor in mobile home replaced under where where my ac/heater is at. rotted out due to the ac drain over flowin

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Many flooring companies will do this - replace the subflooring plus put in new flooring.

HOWEVER - since this is under the HVAC equipment (assuming it is sitting on that deteriorated flooring) it is likely your best bet is a Heating and A/C contractor - who can disconnect ducting and plumbing and such as necessary, lift up the HVAC equipment, replace the subflooring (and slip in a piece of no-glue vinyl sheet flooring for finish floor say), and reconnect the HVAC equipment. Commonly this involves running support timbers across the area to be replaced to temporarily hold up the equipment while the flooring is replaced.

And of course have the A/C drain replumbed and routed to prevent future leakage - including a secondary underpan under it if you have problems with the drain tube/pan clogging up, and a water alarm to let you know if the secondary pan is getting water in it.

Good idea to use marine plywood for the subflooring in that environment, and if feasible seal the flooring (vinyl sheet for waterproofing flooring) to the walls with caulked base trim, so any leakage in the utility closet cannot run under walls and such. Water alarm to let you know if it is ponding in there, of course.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy