Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/13/2017

need handyman in 91304

plumbing, electrical. who is ressegger /

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Resegger ? That is a keyboard finger shift I could not figure out - or have you gone all trump on us like his "covfefe" Tweet.

Handymen is the Search the List category for members to find a well-rated and reviewed handyman - though technically a handyman cannot legally do (depending on locale) from nothing in the utilities or structural side (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, structural) in some areas to just swapping out an outlet to light fixture, or on the plumbing side tighten up a leaking connection or maybe swap out a faucet or such.

Handyman is sort of an oxymoron for public repair work (as opposed to a resident handyman working for one employer at a remote facility or camp or commercial facilityi or such), because it implies someone who can do the work of a carpenter, electrician, plumber, HVAC tech, drywall installer, painter, flooring contractor, etc all in one - andin reality unless he spent a lot of time as a hands-on General Contractor or bounced around through a lot of apprenticeshiops, is unlikely to be expert in more than one or two, if any at all. And in many states, Handymen are limited to unlicenses types of work - generally interior finishes and such like door/window repairs, drywall repairs and repainting, trim work, flooring, changing bateries in fire alarms, wetherstripping, etc - non-structural and non-utility work.

For professional plumbing and electrical work, while a very experienced handyman with electrical and plumbing experience might do a fine job for you and you are lucky if you can find a qualified and experienced one with wide abilities AND an knowledge of what he can and cannot reasonably tackle himself, you also run a risk of a botched job. Some insurance companies have started cracking down on people who knowlingly let unlicensed people work on their house and are starting to refuse to cover flooding or water damage or fires caused by faulty unlicensed work so depending on your judgement call, except maybe for the very simplest things, I would recommend going with a professional - Plumbing or Electrical in these cases would be the Search the List categories.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy