Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/25/2018

need to replace hot water heater and repair floor under tank in mobile home rutledge tn 37861

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Here are a bunch of similar questions with answers - if you are not particular about looks (which also might not matter if you put a catch basin with through-floor drain under the water heater, which is a good way to limit damage in event of leak), most Plumbers will do a cutout and putting in a new piece of subflooring for you, assuming the supporting framing is not shot too.

Another approach - get a Handyman (if you have one you trust) or a Remodeling - Mobile and Manufactured Homes contractor in. Handyman probably not legal for the replacement but can take out the old heater and repair the flooring, then have Plumbing contractor in to put in a new heater - be sure to clarify with them who is taking the old heater away. Plumber usually does that at no additional charge if he is supplying the new one.

Here are links to quite a few previouos similar questions about home water heaters and deteriorated flooring jobs:

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy