Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/12/2015

rwreck and had a passenger who was hurt a bit and the wreck was my fault, i already know i cant pay the 500 deducti

is the passenger that was in my car able to get compensated for the minor injuries he sustained, and my vehicle will need radiator repair work a fender, a new blinker light lens and hood damage repairs that i already know, and i am sure there is more stuff that will need fixing, do i have to just repair all this myself or will my insurance help me out and send me some money to help me get cheap repairs.and how does my passanger get their pain and suffering compensation?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


As long as you had insurance they will cover medical costs up to the designated amount in your policy. You need to call them and tell them what happened (that someone was hurt). Your passenger will go to the hospital/clinic and the bill will be sent directly to the insurance company, but they must know beforehand so your medical bill will not be refused. As for your deductible, if you're getting cash for the vehicle (which is sometimes rare nowadays if you have it repaired) you will get a check for the value of damage/worth of vehicle minus your deductible amount. If you get it repaired the insurance will work with the repair facility to agree on a value and your insurance will pay them the value of the repair minus your deductible. If you can't pay your deductible you won't be able to get your car back. Or the insurance company might write you a check made out to you and the repair facility. All insurance companies have different policies. If you must make a claim - based on injury you should, your insurance company will explain your options. I wouldn't start your conversation with "I can't pay my deductible now what" but ask to know how they would repair/cover your car and go from there.

Answered 4 years ago by DriverNerd

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy