Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/16/2011

small area of water damage - who do I call?

I have a small area of water damage in my house. It is adjacent to a bathroom (plumbing), an outside wall, and roof. I know there is a water leak because the siding inside the cabinet is wet. I just don't know if the water is coming from the pipes or from water coming from the outside through the wall or ceiling. Who should I call? A plumber, handyman, someone like ServPro, or someone else?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


I am not a plumber nor do I play one on TV! I would suggest a plumber first. It could be a simple leak within the wall pipe coming into the bathroom. If you have a cinder block exterior or brick wall below grade, water could be seeping in. Check the wall from the outside, dig down below grade to check. A good dryloc product or hydrolic cement may do fine. If you have a framed exterior wall, I would check to see if your house was constructed with a perimeter french drain system. If not, french drains are fairly cheap to install yourself, just lots of labor hours. So, first choice, call a good plumber, second choice, call a good contractor. Brian Kulis,

Answered 8 years ago by Kulis Home Makeover's


You can also go to any home improvement store and look for a "moisture meter". It should come with instructions to use. They are fairly cheap. I will caution you though, it may be in your best interest to contact a professional as if the moisture is left too long, it can begin to harbor microbial growth such as mold (and many molds are toxic).

Good luck in your search, if you haven't already found one [:D]

DriRite of Tampa

Water Damage Company in Tampa FL

Answered 8 years ago by DriRite

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy