Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/27/2015

sow many cubic yds to fill in 1 acre land 12 feet deep

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer


This is James W. in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated providers who can best answer the technical questions about your job and get you started, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. It sounds like based on the previous answer that you may want to start with contacting some civil engineering services listed under our "Land Surveying" or "Structural Engineering" categories. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays. If you join online, you can save 20% on an annual plan by using the promo code ANSWERS. Our most popular membership option, our Plus Plan, is just $29.99 for a full year!

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 4 years ago by Member Services


Answer at other post link below - but note the other two posts you said 12 INCHES deep fill - here 12 FEET deep, so if you mean feet than you have to multiply the prior fill and fill grading/compaction quantities (not the topsoil or final grading - it would stay the same) by 12 - and you are talking a few hundred thousand $ job probably, not ten or twenty thousand - plus the permitting costs, again. Also, the grading/compaction during placement would be mandatory, not optional - and at least at the stream edge you would be required to put in erosion protection stone or other erosion-proof facing.

Also - for an acre fill 12 feet thick, this is considered a structural fill regardless of the material it is built of, so will almost certainly need a civil engineer to prepare as least a simple plan and compaction specification to be able to get a building permit, and the planning and zoning approval will be tougher as it will also involve issues of noise and such from the thousand +truckloads of fill coming in - if you are allowed to build it at all.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy