Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/21/2011

the floor of my bedroom is slightly slanted and the bed is thus at an angle. I want to remedy this. How? and what kind of help should I get

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


I just had to have my floors leveled in preparation for new wood flooring. My house is an old 1930s bungalow, but the leveling involved removing some floorboards, cutting down joists, putting in new supports, using leveling compound, and sanding. In short, my experience has been really expensive. You'd need a general contractor to assess the degree your floor is off and the best solution. I can't really picture your problem-- in most old houses floors settle along with everything else and few things are level or plumb. If the floors are adequately supported and you don't have damaged or rotted joists, you might prefer to live with it rather than spend the several thousand dollars it could cost to correct the problem.

Answered 7 years ago by DoorWideOpen

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy