Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/12/2017

two 275 gallon heating oil tanks have been installed less the vent and fill pipes.

we need a pipe fitter to restore vent and fill pipes

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


A Plumbing contractor might do this - if the tank is clean and empty (brand new) - but most probably will not if there is fuel or fuel vapor in the tanks.

Normal installer would be a pipe fitter from the tank provider/installer (who might or might not be the fuel provider as well), who would also normally provide the hookup and initial line filling/deairing and testing for leaks with fuel in the system. Heating Oil would be the normal Search the List category for heating oil supply system work.

And don't forget installation of fuel level gage and overfill warning and double or triple-wall leak detection equipment as well, as well as required equipment grounding, as applicable to your case and as required in your state.

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy