Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/6/2016

water is seeping up through cracks in my basement floor and around the foundation, who should I contact

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Professionally, a Civil/Geotechnical engineer - not an Angies List category.

For a contractor - though having one advise you on the cause and cure runs the risk of them selling you their service/product whether or not it is the most appropriate for your case, would be Basement waterproofing in Search the List.

You can find a ton of prior questions and responses in the Home > Basement Waterproofing link in Browse Projects, at lower left - including a number with checklists of things you can do to control the water BEFORE it gets to your basement - in probably 80% or more of cases that alone can eliminate the problem. Of course, if your basement is below the water table, then total waterproofing and/or exterior/interior drainage system is generally your only solution unless you are up to (and are allowed to) do a major groundwater interception landscaping job.

Basically speaking, the more you can do OUTSIDE the foundation to cure it the better - because water elimination systems are more effective generally and basically a more "positive" way to handle the issue than trying to stop it after it has already penetrated the building envelope.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD


The answer above is the correct one. If you need help locating a professional engineer in your state contact They helped us tremendously in our particular situation.

Answered 4 years ago by AverageJoe7886

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy