Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/30/2012

what can help with anger and mood swings that i dont have to go to the dr to get

i am highly irritable and become easily angered at people, i try to control it but my mood and irritability at times will not let me and i snap. i snap on my husband and dog. i have very little patience and need to calm my mood as it is affecting everything in my life. i dont have insurance and little money so i need a idea of what i can do.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

3 Answers


Check around your area and see if there is a clinic that offers a sliding scale for appointments. Start exercising to build up your mood. Make sure you are eating a well balanced diet. Get enough sleep. See if your library has relaxation tapes. When you start getting tense, close your eyes and deep breathe slowly 3 to 5 times. Do an internet search on irritability (try where you will find some other things to consider such as your general health. Search on any other problems you are having along with the irritability and mood swings. If you are trying to do too much and feeling like nobody else is helping around the house or you are exchausted by your job or other responsibilities, sit down and discuss getting others to pitch in. If that's not possible, just let some things go.

The page shows some things that can cause irritability: low iron, menopause, general anxiety, depression........


Answered 7 years ago by keikosmom


I think you got some great advice from angelb.. You have taken the first step,as you recognize that anger and mood swings are a problem for you. It's important to address these problems,as you may have a chemical imbalance or a bipolar condition. Both of these conditions can be helped with talk therapy and medication. Google (mental health clinics) in your area,and see what comes up. Or check with the public health office in your area,and they can lead you to a clinic that has a sliding scale.If you have low income,you should be qualify for free or discounted therapy. God bless. Wish you well.

Answered 7 years ago by Guest_9114725


Get lots of exercise, take vit D and B, improve your eating and outside time.

Answered 7 years ago by wendybTn

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy