Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/16/2013

what pharmacy in Sacramento County, CA will fill an out of state precription?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Depends on state laws - in some states they don't care, some they do. Your best bet is to submit the prescription at a box store like WalMart or Walgreens in your home state, then have it filled in the state you are travelling in - several family members have done that with success - the key is you are not transferring the prescription to a different state, rather you are transferrign where they are filling the presccription.

Before going to that trouble, if you have the original prescription in hand, I wouldl go to WalMart, Walgreens, CVS, etc and ask what they can do for you. The key is for the pharmacy to be licensed in both your home state and the state you are in.

Good Luck

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy