Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/7/2012

what type of service man would I hire to run a new gas line for my dryer?A plumber?

We are purchasing a new home, and it has natural gas for the heat as well as the cook top and ovens. The dryer hookup is electric, and we would like to run the gas line about 20 feet to reach the dryer area.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Yes, hire a licensed Master plumber. For work with gas lines get a copy of his insurance before letting him do the work. This can be very dangerous if not done properly. Just because the gas is located within 20 feet of the dryer does not mean that the line is properly sized to run both the dryer and the appliance the existing line supplies. He may have to run a new pipe from the main line. This is another reason why hiring the right person is essential to make sure you don't have a supply problem afterwards.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services


You can have your heating and cooling system tune-ups performed by HVAC professional company, and they can also install the gas line for you. You need to have the routine annual maintenance performed, so this will save you a call charge(trip fee), and will make the installation cheaper.

Answered 8 years ago by GlennJr

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy