Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/16/2014

where can I get tempered glass cut in zip 60120

need to have a piece of tempered glass cut for shelves

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer


This is Kyle K from Member Care. I'm happy to help!

I looked through our database to find providers to assist you, but I'm sorry to say we don't currently have options in your area.

We like to offer members at least three options for their projects, so when this happens we are happy to offer the services of our Local Research Department. They will search outside of our database to track down some options for you. Because these providers won't be rated by members, it will be difficult to determine intangibles like reliability, price, expertise and other things that can be found on member reviews. However, we want to help you find a place to start with your project. Please allow a couple of business days for them to follow up with their findings.

Answered 5 years ago by Member Services


A glass replacement company like Speedy Glass or equal can usually not do it - typically about $50-100 cut charge at a glass processing plant (usually one or two in fair sized towns), about twice that if curved or need corners ground or beveled. Cannot be cut with normal glass cutter because ti will shatter - has to be laser cut, or of course manufactured to desired size.

Shelves are normally not tempered - usually just plate glass like tabletops (but can have a vinyl self-stick sheet put on the bottom to retain the pieces in case of breakage), or acrylic.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy