Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/17/2015

where can i get fill dirt to build up land in Pineville, SC?

any contractors looking to get rid of fill dirt in Berkeley County, SC?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer


This is Kyle K in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!

We'll be happy to help find top rated contractors, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting or by giving us a call. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays. If you join online, you can save 20% on an annual plan by using the promo code ANSWERS.

Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!

Answered 5 years ago by Member Services


Contractors generally do not havae the time to troll sites like this looking for work prospects - so you will have to contact Excavation or Landscaping companies (your Search the List category) to see if anybody knows of a source getting rid of common fill.

And be sure you look at it on-site FIRST for suitability for your use, and also be there to look at each truckload as it comes in to be sure they are not dumping construction debris, asbestos or oil contaminated waste, land clearing debris, etc on you.

Also - pay attention to permitting requirements - depending on area, covering in excess of about 100SF in some areas (except with lawn topsoil), over 10-50 yards in others, over 3 to 6 feet thick in most areas, and certainly if intruding on wetlands, drainage or stream channel, etc. Planning and Zoning Department is your usual first stop for that sort of issue.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy