Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/22/2013

who do I call to fix a gas fireplace?

I cannot ignite the gas fireplace. I keep pushing the ignition button but it never turns on the fireplace.It has been this way for a couple of years.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Could be gas supply valve to the fireplace is shut off (usually within 2 feet of it, commonly inset into the face of the fireplace stone and uses a special square-head key, if ignitor is battery operated battery is dead, if gas has been shut off for a period of time while work was being done elsewhere in the house on an open line could be line is full of air so can take several minutes flow to displace air and replace with gas, could be safety system has failed so is refusing to light for that reason, etc, etc. Of course, if a remote ignition button the battery has to be good or the switch/breaker to it has to be on - commonly a wall switch nearby that turns the circuit off to the fireplace, if is powered.

If those don't work for you, a plumber could fix if related to gas supply or sometimes if related to ignition system. A gas stove repairman (from a stove store) could fix ignitor problems, maybe or maybe not gas supply problems. Assuming you have gas working elsewhere in the house, I guess I would try a gas stove/fireplace place.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD



I had a similar problem. I called a local Fireplace company (Listed in Angies List) and he said that I need to replace a part (400$).

Answered 6 years ago by Guest_90559627

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy